Web Developer - CMS, E-commerce, HTML, CSS - Swansea
£20,000 - £23,000 with excellent benefits
Commutable from - Cardiff, Newport, Bridgend, Caerphilly
A front end web developer is required for an exclusive and very successful design house with the role based in the Swansea headquarters they also have a large online presence / many locations in London. We are looking for a commercially focused, experienced and keen candidate to join the growing eMarketing and eCommerce team.
The web developer's primary role will be to support the existing developer, external development agency and content team in maintaining web pages / existing website features as well as content for the website & email newsletters with the potential to take on more responsibilities regarding web project development in the future.
The web developer will be part of a team working to tight deadlines as well as making sure that high standards continue to be kept across the brand. All applicants will have to be able to play a proactive role in the team from day one, therefore the ability to pick things up quickly and work with a "hands on" approach is imperative.
The web developer will have the following responsibilities -
* Work with our Graphics team to turn visual designs into functional and user-friendly client-side applications.
* Manage front-end site updates and ensure integrity of the current site content
* Create and manage new static site content
* Create email templates for the web content team from visuals supplied by the Graphics team, and build marketing emails using industry standard layouts and HTML
* Support cross-browser and platform compatibility testing of new developments
This is an excellent opportunity for the right candidate to work extensively with an exclusive brand with a fantastic reputation; ideally applicants will have the following skill set -
* HTML (including any experience of HTML5)
* CSS (including CSS3)
* Working with HTML tables
* Experience in using Photoshop and Illustrator
* Knowledge of AJAX, PHP, MySQL and WordPress would be an advantage
* Previous experience of using E-commerce systems or CMS.
* Familiar with cross-browser compatibility testing
* Mobile-specific or Responsive Design front-end development knowledge would be useful
* SEO (Google Analytics, PPC, Link building, Keyword Research, etc)
Also, applicants for the role should have examples / a portfolio of previous websites listed on their CVs.
Web Developer Job Summary:
* Fulltime - Normal working hours
* Salary - £20,000 - £23,000 with excellent benefits
* Located in Swansea
* Commutable from - Cardiff, Newport, Bridgend, Caerphilly
For more details please apply for an initial call back regarding the role / your experience.